Friday, May 23, 2008

Poor Tomato Plant.....

I brought them inside so they wouldn't be frozen again, this is after they had miraculously survived the previous freezing, they had both sprouted new little leaves and were looking very happy. I have been ill this week so have been making sure the kids are fed and not hurt and not much else. Well as I was zoning out on the couch last night Damon and Ciana were in the kitchen by the patio doors, that is right, the tomato plants are by those doors. Well I went from the couch to bath to bed as soon as dh came home, didn't even look at the plants since yesterday afternoon. I did see them this morning when I came downstairs however. Only one was attacked, the poor little thing didn't stand a chance. Damon told me he pulled off a leaf or two. Of course Ciana saw this and since Damon did it she also went after the little plant. She dug up the soil around it, pull it up by the roots, broke the stem into 3-4 pieces and finished de-leafing it. then left it lying on top of the soil in the pot for me to find. And of course since the kids pulled out the little name tag things they came with I have no idea if it was the cherry tomato plant or the reg. sized tomato plant.

No comments: